For more information on any of these events visit Historic Scotland here. Historic Scotland Members’ discount available.
- Join us at Festive Frolics as we kick off Christmas in true Stirling Castle style. We’ll be having a Christmas Ceilidh, getting festive with a spot of panto, and learning all about the ‘daft days’ in the renaissance palace.
Christmas Shopping Fayre
A Canty Christmas
- Scottish medieval ensemble Canty presents an evening of Advent and Christmas delights! We’ll welcome three singers and medieval harp to the Great Hall to treat us to glorious medieval carols, traditional seasonal songs, and spellbinding new carols by James MacMillan, Nicola LeFanu, Tamsin Jones. As if that wasn’t enough, you’ll also get to see the Scottish premiere of Joanna L’Estrange’s Gospel-style setting of a prayer by Jane Austin. When it comes to everyone’s favourite folk carols, audience participation is encouraged to get you in the mood for the festive season!
Carols at the Castle
- Enjoy a glass of mulled wine and get into the festive spirit while the NYCOS Stirling Choir perform some Christmas carols.
Christmas Lunch at Stirling Castle
- Dine in the intimate Green Room in our beautiful castle and add a little festive magic to your Christmas lunch. 12.30pm arrival for a 1pm sitting. View our Christmas lunch menu
A Christmas Carol
- On Christmas Eve, the most magical night of the year, the miserly Ebenezer Scrooge is whisked away on a terrifying journey through the past and into the future, accompanied by three fearsome ghosts determined to make him realize the true meaning of Christmas. Charles Dickens’ classic ghost story is brought to life in this most traditional of productions, complete with beautiful period costume, song, dance and a magnificent musical score. Join critically acclaimed theatre company Chapterhouse as Scrooge’s frozen heart begins to melt and he finally embraces the festive spirit in this most Christmassy of Christmas tales.