- Clan MacAulay Association is firmly committed to ensuring a positive environment in which all people are treated with respect and dignity.
- This policy prohibits all forms of bullying, harassment and violence (hereinafter, referred to as a violation of “respect”) by the executive committee, commissioners or members.
- Violations of respect will be investigated and if substantiated will be dealt with expeditiously.
- Bullying is interpersonal hostility that is deliberate, repeated and sufficiently severe as to harm the targeted person’s health including mental well being, safety or economic status.
- Harassment occurs when a member is subjected to unwelcome verbal or physical conduct. It further extends to any willful act that negatively affects role performance and/or creates a hostile environment within the Association.
- Violence means the threatened, attempted or actual conduct of a person that causes or is likely to cause physical injury.
- Members are encouraged to seek resolution of the incident. Investigations will be conducted with as much confidentially as can practicably be afforded. Investigators will advise members involved or consulted through the course of the investigation that discretion is an important part of the process.
- Violation of respect should be reported to the Chief at and/or the Secretary at
Procedure in the Event of a Reported Violation
All reports of a violation of respect will be considered fairly and consistently. The process to resolve issues or conflicts in a fair and respectful manner is found in the full Respect Policy document.