In case you’re in or around the Big Apple, the American-Scottish Foundation has many events planned to celebrate Tartan Day and its week. Check out the message from ASF President Camilla Hellman.
This years Tartan Week celebration is even larger as Carnegie Hall are hosting the Migrations Festival of events – a month long celebration around the influences on American culture from February 28th through April. One of the aspects spotlighted in the programming is the Scots Irish influences on “The Making of America”. ASF are very honored to be a part of this cultural celebration. Details are available on line through this LINK
ASF Tartan Week Calendar: Now is the time to make your Event Registrations
- Wednesday, April 3rd : 6pm: The American-Scottish Foundation in collaboration with the Carnegie Corporation of New York. The Scot Who Built New York’s Landmarks. Talk & Reception by historian & architect John Kinnear. A Scots who Built New York event. Location details given upon registration. Registration required. No charge – Click Here
- Friday, April 5th : 12.30pm: The American-Scottish Foundation presents Tartan Day Observance on the Fountain Terrace, Bryant Park, New York. Join us as we proudly present the ASF Annual Tartan Day Observance which recognizes and celebrates through music and readings National Tartan Day. In 1998 Senate Resolution 155 was passed making April 6th an annual celebration. This event is free for the community to enjoy.
- Friday, April 5th : 3pm: ASF & NY Genealogy & Biographical Society. Testimonies of Transition: Voices from the Scottish Diaspora. Prof. Marjorie Harper, Aberdeen University. Talk followed by refreshments & book signing. Tickets and Event Details Click Here ASF/NYGB Members $20 Guest Tickets $25
- Saturday, April 6th : 11am: American-Scottish Foundation presents Pipes & Drums on the Fountain Terrace, Bryant Park, New York. Join us to hear the sound of the Pipes and Drums from some of our leading Pipe Bands prior to the 21st Annual New York Tartan Day Parade. Performance line up to be announced shortly. Free, For all the community to enjoy prior to the Parade. Come join us on the Fountain Terrace.
- Saturday, April 6th : 2pm (step off). New York Tartan Day Parade. As a member or friends of the ASF you may march with us – please email us at email@example.com
- Saturday, April 6th : 3.30pm (immeditely following Parade) ASF Post-Parade Reception. ASF Post Parade Gathering for ASF Members & Guests. By Invitation (ASF Members please contact the ASF Events Office if you have not received details and link for registration).
- Sunday, April 7th : 12.30pm: American-Scottish Foundation presents Scotland on the Fountain Terrace, Bryant Park, New York. Scotland on the Fountain Terrace, Bryant Park. Performer to be announced shortly. Free for all the community to enjoy.
- Monday, April 8th : 7pm: American-Scottish Foundation presents A Taste of Scotland with Words and Whisky. Gary Maclean, Scotland’s National Chef & winner of BBC’s 2016 MasterChef The Professionals oversees menu highlights. With whisky tasting hosted by Glendronach and Benriach, tastings, platters & words – followed by desserts, wine & book signing. Tickets from $65 – Reserve HERE Program in development